Friday, November 11, 2011

Vintage Lamp Revamp!

My mom recently found this lamp in my grandma's basement and thoguht I might like it because the golden yellow-orange glass on it matches the globe light I have hanging in the corner of my living room. For a couple of weeks I had it just sitting on my bookshelf, not sure what to do with it. I am not really a fan of the gold look... so I liked the lamp, mostly because it was my grandma's... but just did not love it.


Enter my new best friend: Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. I swear, someone over at Krylon should be paying me for how often I say I love their ORB! Before I took the lamp out to the garage for a fresh coat, I took off the glass, stuffed the lightbulb hole with papertowel and taped off the cord and round switch that turns the light on and off.



I am still amazed every time I paint something ORB. It really just classes things up. Brings them into this century.



I love it! Absolutely gorgeous. And one more time just for kicks... the before and after.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...