Monday, November 28, 2011

Fabulous Footstool


Last week I posted about my latest thrift store finds. This footstool was my favorite! I love that it has a secret storage compartment.


The fabric on the top and what I found under it was pretty gross. I am thinking there was a lot of old glue holding it together. It came off like black dust. I had T.J. make me a new wood insert for the lid because the old one was un-salvagable.



Two coats of primer, then 3 coats of Behr semi-gloss white paint. I bought the orange and white medallion fabric from Joann's on sale - I think it was $6 a yard, but I only used about half for this project... the rest may end up as a pillow or in a frame on my new gallery wall (pictures coming soon!).



The before and after again:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...