Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Like Mother Like Daughter

Quick post today - I am buried deep in paper-writing mode (privacy and family communication patterns) and have no time for blog-writing mode. :-(

My dad sent me this awesome picture earlier this week and I wanted to share it. All good things run in the family if you ask me.


I apologize it is a little dark - but it is my mom refinishing some furniture back when she was in her 20's. She would go to my dad's garage with him while he worked on cars and she fixed up old furniture. No wonder I love it so much.
If you notice, it looks like she is mid-sand in this picture. I know that exasperated look! Earlier this summer when I redid my kitchen table and chairs, my husband opted not to tell me we have an electric hand sander so that I would "know what hard work feels like". Sounds like an awful thing to do to someone doesn't it? I suppose I love my kitchen table even more for it though.

That is all for now... I'll be back with a whirlwind of Christmas craft/gift posts after this crazy final paper week is over! I am so close to Christmas break I can almost taste it...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...