Monday, December 5, 2011

Vintage Ornament Magnets



A few weekends ago, I went up to my sister's house for a crafting weekend and I made these adorable ornament magnets. They were ridiculously easy to make and very fun.

I found this idea on Pinterest and had just pinned it without looking at the source. When I went back to get the original source for this post I discovered it actually came from my favorite blog to read, Young House Love. So exciting. No wonder I liked the idea. You can see their version here.
 
All you need to make them are a few ornaments, (they do not have to be vintage of course!) a hot glue gun, and magnets. I found magnets like these round ones I used at Joann's for less than $2.  I opted to use small ornaments so they wouldn't stick out from the fridge too much, but I think any size would be cute.




Simply put some hot glue on the middle of the back of the ornament, stick on the magnet, and viola! Ornament magnet. Easiest craft ever. :-) 


Here are my magnets with a couple I made for my sister on her fridge. Then back home on mine below...



One word of warning before I leave you... be careful when opening your fridge door when these babies are on there. Ours opens up near a wall and let me just say... I once had 3 ornament magnets... now I have 2.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...