Friday, December 30, 2011

Handmade Christmas

Every year for the past few years I have tried to make a majority of my Christmas gifts for my family. Partially because it saves me a lot of money, but also because handmade gifts are more personal, thoughtful, and made with love. Making something with my hands requires time, effort, and a lot of thought, which I think makes a great gift. Also, it's a lot of fun to do! This year my family made it official. Family members were asked to make gifts instead of buy them this year. The result was amazing. Not to brag, but I have an incredibly talented and creative family! Check out some of the treasures below:


 
 


My sister in-law made these awesome flower pillows out of felt, berries, and buttons. She also made a map cork board for tracking vacations and places visited.



My dad made my sister, sister in-law, and I wrapping stations inspired by a Pottery Barn tear sheet. My sister was so excited when she saw them she literally jumped up and down. It was a sight to see, but well worth the excitement. I am still trying to decide what color to paint mine...



The picture of the white wrapping station above is from the Pottery Barn catalog, and served as inspiration.




My mom made everyone these adorable ruffly scarves (also sold at Ruthie's Paint Shoppe), winter hats, and "Dobrewha" signs. (Want to understand this reference? Read this post.)


Here is a picture of the flower pillow back home on my bed. It looks awesome!



What did you all make as Christmas gifts this year?
More on what my sister and I made everyone in a few days...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...