Monday, June 18, 2012

Outdoor Pillows

In light of my other recent backyard projects (like this flower pot holder and the garden) I thought it was high time for some more fabric outside. I picked up this cheerful yellow, green, and pink outdoor fabric at Hancock fabrics back when I lived in South Carolina. I had promised T.J. I would make him a hammock pillow after I got him a hammock for his birthday in April, so I cut two pieces of fabric - one rectangle for an Adirondack (I am shocked at the spelling of this word) chair pillow, the other longer rectangle for the hammock pillow. I just sort of eyeballed the size for hammock pillow and used a pillow form size + 1/2 inch on each side for the square pillow.






T.J. caught me trying out the new pillow shortly after I put it out there -
 I made it long enough so we can share if we need to!


I think they really help brighten up our outdoor space. I like to think about our backyard as another room in our house, and adding fabric touches makes it feel more comfortable and homey out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet TJ looks good on a pink pillow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...