Friday, October 7, 2011

New Look for Fall

Hems & Haws has a new look for fall! If you made it to this post you are checking it out now. Here is a screen shot of it just for kicks.


I have been thinking about changing the background of the blog for awhile now. Although I love pink (the blog used to have a big pink flower behind the "Hems & Haws" title, with pink behind the posts as well) I thought it was time for a change. I am gearing up for fall and I thought the blog should be too.

I also wanted something more personal for the picture behind the title. Before I just used a generic pink flower. The picture above of the field and trees is actually the view from my backyard. When I woke up this morning the sun was shining just on the trees at the back of the field and I thought it was so beautiful. I am glad I can share it with all of you!

I also switched the sides of the blog from fabric bolts to yellow chevron. Chevron has become a bit of an obsession of mine and I am dying to chevron something in my house. Chevron is basically just a fancy name for those zig zag stripes. I have seen a lot of chevron painted walls that are just breath taking. Not sure if there is a space in my house that could handle that sort of busyness on the walls, but I have a feeling something will get the chevron treatment soon. :-)

What do you think of the changes? Like it, love it, hate it? The good news is I am sure it will be changing again soon for the winter season.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...