Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wine & Cheese Party

This past weekend I was able to bring together a few of my favorite things under my new roof. Wine, cheese, chocolate, and new friends. It was so much fun to finally have people over in our new house that we love and show off all our projects.


First there was party prep - this included things from shopping for food to finishing the hotel chairs and hanging chandeliers. I also made these snazzy coasters to match my pink zebra couch pillow. The pattern is originally from Martha Stewart, but my sister has made them many times and talked me through it on the phone. It is very easy. You take a 10 inch by 4.5 inch piece of fabric, fold it in half (right sides together) and sew up two of the sides. Then flip it around, stuff a 4x4 square of quilt batting in the middle, tuck under the raw edge and begin sewing all the way around the square with your sewing machine foot at the edge of the square. When you get around to where you started turn the corner and line the sewing machine foot up with the last row of stitching. Continue this square stitching until you reach the middle - this creates the quilted look of the coaster.


I also used these adorable wine glass charms found at Home Goods... they really helped class up the party. :-)


I also put out the first of my fall decorations for the occasion.


All the guests pitched in pouring wine and cutting cheese (har har).


 

It was great to see people participating in all my decorating!


 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...