Monday, September 12, 2011

Love is in the Crisp Fall Air

This past weekend T.J. and I traveled to the great state of Ohio for a beautiful fall wedding. One of T.J.'s best friends from high school married his college sweetheart - much like the story of T.J. and I. The wedding pulled out all the stops for a perfect autumn celebration complete with hay bales, lots of yellow, orange, and brown flowers, and even a personalized pumpkin on the alter. Here are a few shots I snapped of the big day.


The alter was almost as gorgeous as the bride. Check out her orange shoes! Her dress was so elegant... beaded all over with incredible detail.


These flower girls and ring bearers were TO DIE FOR! So adorable. I love the boys matching knickers and hats and the little girls' flower balls too.



To combat the dirt floors of the barn, sawdust was put down all over. Such a great idea!

Cowboy (or girl) flower centerpieces - so perfect for this couple! The linens were amazing too... such a beautiful iridescent orange.





Behind these tables was a personalized dance floor too with an awesome monogram in the middle.

I have to give a shout out to my mom for one of the wedding gifts we gave. WARNING: If any of my unmarried friends are reading this... you are bound to get one of these for your weddings too! :-)


I happen to think these signs are pretty cool and very unique! They are made on 100+ year old barn slate and are of course personalized with the wedding year and name of the couple. T.J. and I have a few of them for different seasons. :-) I also had her make it in the wedding colors and with a bit of a country theme for the couple. 
Are you thinking you might need one of these for a gift or upcoming wedding? Never fear... my mother just happens to have opened up a shop (apparently this is a theme in my family these days?) in downtown Vicksburg, MI called Ruthie's Paint Shoppe. She'd love to help you out.

And lastly... I have a picture of the wrapped wedding gift. Why? Not because I am an especially talented gift wrapper (although the awesome ribbon on the gift I got for free at a rummage sale) but because the wrapping paper will be featured in an upcoming post for a different project. Stay tuned to find out what it will be! I promise it will be adorable and as always, crafty.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...