Thursday, March 1, 2012

1 Yard Garment Bags

When I was at my sisters house a few weekends ago she was making these adorable garment bags for her daughters and her daughters dance friends for their recital in April. I want one me sized! I don't think I could make a dress bag with 1 yard but I do think this size would be great for skirts, suit jackets with folded pants, or shirts.

 

The pattern comes from this One Yard Wonder book - which I had checked out of the library back in South Carolina and loved, and my sister just stumbled across it on Amazon. Very cool projects. There is a second book out now too, and I think this particular project came from the second book. All you need is a yard of fabric, zipper, and thread of course. The A detail she put on the front takes a few more supplies - a coordinating fabric, iron on for applique, and she used an A button - but you could easily make an A out of felt and sew it on as well.



Putting in the zipper was where my knowledge was useful. It makes me happy when I am able to pitch in and help my sister do something - it is so often the other way around! You can see some of the steps below, basically round the corners and add a zipper - leave a hole in the top for the hanger. The second bag she made was this wild blue zebra print.






One more time with the final product:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...