Monday, March 12, 2012

Greenhouse Growth

About a month ago I shared with you what my husband got me for Valentine's day... a beautiful handmade E necklace. I bought him a couple of things too, one of which was a Jiffy Greenhouse to start our garden early this year. This will be our first full summer in our house and I knew T.J. would want a garden. T.J. has yet to get around to starting this greenhouse, so I took matters into my own hands and did it myself. It has only been less than a week and the results have about knocked my socks off so far. It is like a super grower. I thought for sure it would fail miserably, but so far so good.




This is how the individual mounds look to start with...


Then you add warm water and they turn a little brown...


Then they magically poof right up...




Amazing! I labeled each row... 2 rows of tomatoes, 2 peppers, 2 cucumber, 2 dill, 2 sage, and 2 oregano. 



After planting a few seeds in each mound of dirt I put the top of the greenhouse back on.
After just a couple days...


 Another day or two later the cucumbers were raising the roof...


And another couple days later...


Most of the seeds I picked were meant to be started indoors. The cucumbers are not. This might end up a disaster but so far I am just impressed I could grow anything at all! I am up visiting my mom right now and can't wait to see how big they are when I get home in a couple days.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...