Thursday, January 3, 2013

Quick and Easy Gift: Sachets

Every Christmas I make a gift that is easy enough to give to everyone on my list. Last year I made business/loyalty card holders. One thing I really love about fabric is that there are a million patterns/textures/colors to choose from. This way I can make everyone the exact same thing, but each is still unique because I picked the fabric just for them.




This year the gift was sachets. I love these little things. I got my first one nearly a decade ago and I still have it. It barely smells anymore, but it is beautiful! I went with an easy 4x4 square of fabric. Sew three sides completely and leave an inch and a half opening in the fourth side. To spice things up I occasionally added lace or ribbon to one side.

I found the filling at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I picked out a couple "clean" smells like ocean breeze and cotton, but added in pomegranate too for extra fun. :-)

While I hate to say how cheap my Christmas gifts were, these were pretty cheap. Most of the fabric I already owned, I just matched it to the person. The filling for all the sachets totaled less than $15 (and I made about 40). That makes them about 38 cents each and less than $2 per person (for 4 sachets). If I had it to do over again I would have filled them more by adding more filling, but to be honest I don't think it would have affected the scent, just the look. They turned out like flat (but pretty) pillows.


I wrapped them in sets of 3 or 4 for each person. 
It is a gift that keeps on giving all year (or as long as they stay scented!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...