Wednesday, December 26, 2012

DIY Recyclable Shopping Bag

A little over a year ago, before our big Black Friday shopping outing, my sister gifted me a super awesome reusable shopping bag from Gap. It is nylon, light, and small enough to fit in my purse. I try to use it everywhere I go so I don't come home with a bunch of bags I am just going to get rid of. It also held a heck of a lot more than would fit in your average Forever 21 or Old Navy bag. When I was shopping for fabric for a different Christmas gift I was making I ran across this adorable fox fabric at Joann's. My sister and I had just had a conversation about how foxes were going to be the next chevron and the fabric almost perfectly matches the way her basement is decorated. So I had to get it. I had also noticed that she used her Gap shopping bag a lot, and maybe needed another one.


Above is the finished product - and how you would stick it in your purse. 
Below is what it looks like opened up.



And how it folds...

The secret is this little pouch attached to the top hem of the tote bag. 
It allows the whole thing to fold into itself and become discrete. 
I just used the one she gave me last year to engineer the pattern for this one.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...