Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gray Kitchen!

This week I broke down and did something I really did not think I would do... I repainted a room in my house. I always thought that once I had the house set, and had painted the walls I wanted painted, I would be content. I should have known better...



I do think it is fitting that the first room to be repainted is the room I painted first when we moved in.



So now it is gray. A big improvement I think! There was just too much green in there before. Now it feels a little older and more sophisticated.



The room has come a long way... here is a comparison with a couple weeks after move in. Since then we painted the cabinets and updated the hardware, and now we have switched out the paint color and updated all of the plugs and light switches.


I also made a new valence. I did a tutorial for the curtain that was there before.


I think the gray really makes the white cabinets and trim look sharp. 




Today T.J. and I celebrated our Christmas a little early. I love this crackling fireplace "movie" on Netflix. It really set the mood! If you want to read about T.J.'s gifts, he is writing about them on his own blog today. Read about them here.

1 comment:

mom said...

I love the clean crisp look!! You did a great job. Will you keep the green with the accent color? It looks pretty nice with the grey. Your biggest fan!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...