Wednesday, January 18, 2012

iPod Cases

This year for Christmas I made my three nephews cases for their iPod touches. These boys are adorable, and are 4, 7, and 9. Needless to say, they own a lot of the same things, and when they get mixed up, it is bad news. So I made them cases for their iPods not only in different colors, but with their initials on them. There should be no further confusion. :-)

They were a lot of fun to make, and I have had a couple requests from other family members for cases with their initials on them! Maybe I will put some on Etsy?





I think they turned out adorable. Here's how I made them...

I bought fleece fabric in different colors from Joann's and a bunch of different sheets of felt to cut the letters out of. I cut the fleece into three pieces, one for the pocket, and two for the front and back (3.5 inches wide, 7.5 inches tall for the main piece - the pocket was an 8 inch by 3.5 inch piece folded in half).

I traced out the letters on felt using a ruler, and adjusted as I went. I made them about 3.5 inches tall and 2 inches wide.


 After cutting out the letters, I pinned them on and zigzag stitched them to the fabric pieces.


This is the back of one of the pieces - I thought the zigzag stitching showed up better in this picture.

Then I sewed the pocket to the back and front, layering a piece of fleece on top. I stuck the elastic in on one end, back stitching over it a few times so it would hold. I made sure to leave open a hole to inside out the project, turned it around, and top stitched the whole thing (staying close to the edge so the hole would be sewn up). Then I added the button in a coordinating color.



This post is linked up at Sew Woodsy's Link Party. Check it out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...