Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Handmade Christmas Part 2

I posted about a week ago about the handmade Christmas gifts that were exchanged in my family this year - but I only made it through about half of them. Today I bring you "hollow books" from my sister and a slew of other items she made me and others in the family including a Give bag for Goodwill items, pink dog statues, and a special new sign for my office!

This Give bag is hanging by my back door - waiting for me to fill it with items to take to Goodwill. A much better method than my previous one - letting the items stack up on my dryer.


She made a few of the men in my family these hollowed out books for keeping whatever secret goodies they may have.


She gave us bird feeders that stick to the outside of a window so we can watch the birds while we wash dishes - and shaped bird feed into these cool eggs below.


She also made laundry bags for everyone --- in my opinion, mine is the cutest! Ruffles and hot pink and damask patterned. I took a second picture back at home so you could see more detail. I want to wear it as a dress!




She painted my mom a birdhouse and hand stenciled and painted the Dorrance sign for my dad on an old piece of barn wood. Below you will see my new "guard" dogs - which my sister spray painted pink for me. We spotted them at the flea market where she has a booth - they were hideously rainbow colored but we knew they had potential. They were a little out of my price range though, and she was nice enough to pick them up for me later. They look great on my newly made custom shelves!



My niece Ava drew and colored the picture above for me. It is a picture of my wedding, with T.J. and I in our gazebo. 


Last, but not least, my sister stenciled and painted the Hems & Haws sign for me to hang in my sewing room (above the cork board). It is also the new header for the blog. I love it! It even has a little sparkle on it.

Maybe next year I can talk them all into a "Made in the USA" Christmas. I think that would be amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite blog yet! Maybe because I made everything!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...