Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Wedding Showers

Continuing with anniversary week - today is our 2 year wedding anniversary! We are celebrating tonight with delicious Italian food downtown and cheesecake. There has to be cheesecake!

Next up chronologically are the wedding showers. We had two awesome showers thrown by my sister and sister in-law. My sister threw us a "glamping" couple's shower and my sister in-law hosted a super classy family shower. Check out the details below.


Above you see the "glam" side of the glamping shower - my sister thought it would be fun to play off one of the big differences between T.J. and I - he is an outdoorsman, and I prefer to observe the outdoors through my living room window. :-) "Glamping" is glamorous-camping, and it is a real thing! Below is the "camping" side of the glamping shower.


The invitations were super cute too. They included this defintion of glamping:


Glamping:  Glamour camping.  Satisfying your craving for the outdoors, while still enjoying a nice glass of wine and a comfortable bed.
The idea of roughing it during a camping trip might sound appealing if it weren't for the bugs, wild animals, sudden storms, leaking tents, smelly sleeping bags and questionable food. For a number of people (lizi), their first camping experience often becomes their last, but there is now a camping option growing in popularity. Welcome to the world of glamorous camping.
 She used these adorable images on the invitations:




I made the dress below especially for the couple's shower.


I love this Scrabble game piece holder with our names - it is in my living room now!


Next up is the family shower. I made my dress for this one too, inspired by my shoes. I bought the wedges a year or two before and didn't have anything to wear them with. Being able to sew whatever I want helps solve many a fashion issue!


Just looking at the eclairs is making my mouth water...
Notice the vintage wedding cake topper and vintage china serving plates.




My sister in-law had my boquet ordered as a centerpiece so I could see it before the big day (above right). I was thrilled with it! Bright pink and glittery. What could be better?

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Elated to know about these wedding showers. Couple of weeks ago, I arranged my cousin’s wedding shower party at one of exquisite wedding venues. Hired reputed DJ service and they played amazing music for this occasion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...