Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Historical Art

On my recent trip to DC I visited the National Archives.


The National Archives is where important documents like the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and the Declaration of Independence are kept. They also have a shop of course - and this shop had really cool reprints of old government advertisements, something like public service announcements but in print. In my opinion, the coolest ones were about food. Farming, healthy eating, etc. I looked for one that I liked + would match my kitchen.


This one is from the 1940's. Notice there are 3 categories for fruits and veggies. I love that at the bottom it says "in addition to the basic 7 (food groups)... eat any other food you want." Yikes! Oh how things have changed.

I think it looks good in my kitchen and draws out the green accents and yellow wall it is next to.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...