Friday, August 5, 2011

Nap Time, Anytime

This weekend I finally painted my bedroom gray! Choosing the right gray was a tough, anxiety producing decision after the gray I picked out for the guest bathroom looked very blue. I wanted to make sure I made a good choice this second time around for the bedroom. Martha Stewart suggests "Sharkey Gray" - but when I looked at it at Home Depot I thought it seemed a little too tan. I decided to go with Behr's "Gentle Rain". A nice in-between blue gray and green gray. Not to mention the name makes me think that a "rainy day nap" would be acceptable in the room anytime, rain or shine.



Read more about the above vanity project here, the headboard here, and how to make the pillow shams below here.



The lamp above was a rummage sale find by my sister. I just added a $5 Walmart shade. So cute!


The "H" on the wall used to be gold. I bought it at Hobby Lobby for $5 with a coupon and spray painted in black. See it gold below:


Our bedroom is in the perfect spot in the house. See how the sunlight comes in early in the morning?



I am so happy with how it's turned out so far. I think the gray really pulls it all together. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...