Sunday, January 27, 2013

DIY Cafe Mocha

Today I bring to you a different kind of DIY! Homemade coffee drinks like the ones you pay $5 for at Starbucks! We have really been watching our cash flow lately, so Starbucks has been out of the question. I feel like the coffee world is making progress by offering lattes etc. at places like McDonalds for cheaper, but they are full of calories! I still had to go to Starbucks to get my "skinny" versions of coffee. Well not anymore! T.J. and I had another couple over last night and they are so very sweet, they brought us an espresso maker. Better yet, they showed us how to use it!



I am still experimenting, but our friend Scott gave me a good idea for a first recipe to try. This is what I made this morning:

Espresso (filled up to the 2 line)
1 1/2 tbs. cocoa
1 tbs. organic cane sugar
A few drops of vanilla
1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk, steamed

I made sure to mix the cocoa and sugar right into the espresso when it came out piping hot so it would dissolve, then I added the vanilla and poured it all into my steamed milk. Pretty darn good I must say! I will continue to tweak and experiment and let you all know how it goes. In the meantime I plan to conquer quite the to-do list today with this extra kick of energy. :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...